Scottsdale Resort and Conference Center
Here are our trainee specific events scheduled for this year's conference:
- Welcome Reception: Whether or not you received a travel award (Medical Student, Resident or Fellow Travel Award, Regional Travel Award, or Research Award), AAAP will highlight all trainees at this reception.
- Dessert with the Board Members: Trainees will be able to have a “meet and greet” with current AAAP Board Members. This will be a time to discuss interests, network, and learn more about AAAP. In the past, this event has been very successful; we hope you will be able to attend!
- Breakfast for Trainees: AAAP is implementing a new, fun twist on your regular breakfast routine! In an effort to educate you in all areas of Addiction Psychiatry, AAAP introduces “Speed Mentoring.” You will have time to learn about each mentor and their expertise through a series of meet and greets all while enjoying the most important meal of the day!
- Trainee Activity (Workshop): Careers in Addiction Psychiatry: Starting your Private Practice in Addiction Psychiatry: This workshop, targeted at trainees and early career physicians, will offer an opportunity for attendees to question faculty and explore the advantages and limitations of having a private practice in Addiction Psychiatry. Speakers will discuss their own decision-making process, give personal accounts of how they chose their area of specialization and offer insight on what they wish they had done differently.
- Area Meeting: Attend your area meeting to learn about current issues and discuss; for a list of area director contacts please click here.
- Trainee Soiree: Unwind from the exciting events of the Annual Meeting with fellow trainees and AAAP mentors.
AAAP has asked the Symposium speakers to highlight important points about their presentation as well as give references. You may use this resource, titled “Tips for Trainees,” to review the topics of the Symposium before attending the Annual Meeting as well as use it as a reference for the future.